having some serious troubles with a MS Access 2000 project running on a Windows 2003 Server environment.
If I compile the project it doesn't produce a compiling-error. Everything seems to work fine. Creating a .mde file and
running it on a Windows Server 2003 produces some serious errors. The project seems to be starting correctly but opening a
form or simply trying to close the application causes MS Access to crash!
I tried the project on 2 different Windows Server 2003 environments, 1 having MS Access 2000 installed and 1 having only MS
Access 2000 Runtime installed. Both are experiencing the same problems.
The following references are used in the project:
- Visual Basic For Applications
- Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library
- Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library
- Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
- Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects 2.6 Library
- OLE Automation
- Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library
- Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.8 for DLL and Security
I tried the following solutions to solve the problem:
* Removing MS Access completely and reinstalling it.
* Compiling and creating a .mde on the Windows 2003 Server which has the full version of MS Access 2000 installed.
* Using JetComp to repair the database.
* Creating a new MS Access 2000 application and copy all Forms/Modules into it.
Nothing helped so far..
The same project is running correctly on Windows 98, ME, 2000, 2000 Server and XP Pro/Home. Both Windows 2003 Servers are
fully updated, including updates regarding MS Access.