I have a linked ORACLE table in Access 2000 with a date "mydate" of type "Date/time"
I have built a simple query which selects mydate.
the query output shows as mydate as e.g. "6/23/1997"
1. If I export this query to Excel using "output to" in a macro
the same date is displayed as "23-jun-97"
Although if i try to change it it reverts to the format "6/23/1997"
and then goes back to displaying "23-jun-97"
2. I tried using Format([mydate], "mm/dd/yyyy")
Then if i export it to Excel, i cannot sort or change the date format as it is now a text string instead of a date
3. I also tried CDate(Format([mydate], "mm/dd/yyyy"))
but it yields the same results as option 1.
4. I created a excel template ( which i really don't want to do 'cept as a last option) myfile.xlt and used it in the
options for outputTo .
It does not seem to have any effect on the data.
Really need some help right now !